Warning: This page contains major spoilers for the Chainsaw Man series. Please read at your own risk.
"Your necessary evil is just an excuse vĩ đại justify your own crimes. Those excuses are unnecessary vĩ đại society. The truly necessary evils are always kept collared and controlled by the state."
Bạn đang xem: makima chainsaw man là ai
"I want vĩ đại use Chainsaw Man... vĩ đại create a better world."
"Any source of happiness you experience? I'll be the one vĩ đại create and destroy it all. You helped bầm kill Power. There might have been a way for you vĩ đại save Hayakawa, but you killed him too. You even murdered your own father. Someone lượt thích you has no right vĩ đại wish for a normal life, tự they?" ― Makima trying vĩ đại break Denji
Makima (マキマ?) was the main antagonist of the Public Safety Saga. She was a high-ranking Public Safety Devil Hunter who took Denji in as her human pet.
She is later revealed vĩ đại be the Control Devil (
Makima is a Devil resembling a human woman in her twenties of average build, and marginally above average height (168 cm/5'6" vĩ đại 173 cm/5'8"). She has long light red/pale auburn hair, normally kept in a loose braid with bangs reaching just past her eyebrows and two longer side bangs that frame her face. Her eyes are yellow with multiple red rings within them, making them the only visible sign of her inhuman nature.
Her usual Public Safety uniform consists of a white long-sleeved shirt, a đen sạm tie, đen sạm pants and brown shoes.
On the surface, Makima seems vĩ đại be a nice, gentle, social and friendly woman who is almost seen wearing a smile on her face the entire time and acts relaxed and confident even during a crisis, speaking in a professional tone vĩ đại her workers. As her natural appearance is nearly identical vĩ đại that of a human, she avoids disclosing her Devil nature vĩ đại most of her underlings and spends much of the series posing as a human contracted vĩ đại a Devil rather phàn nàn a Devil herself. However, this is only a façade that she uses vĩ đại fulfill her ultimate goal: After the death of Aki Hayakawa, Makima begins vĩ đại reveal her true colors vĩ đại Denji. Makima's true face is of someone that is Machiavellian and calculating, who sees people around her as nothing more phàn nàn "dogs" she can use as she much as she likes and must obey her without any hesitation.
Makima has demonstrated herself vĩ đại be extremely cunning, cold and manipulative as she controls Denji through the promises of a romantic and sexual relationship while also threatening him with outright extermination if he disobeys her. Ruthless and normally dispassionate, she will tự whatever it takes vĩ đại reach her goals, even at the cost of the people she should be protecting.
Makima also realizes that she is not a good person and deems herself as "necessary evil"; a weapon under control of the Japanese government, just lượt thích Gun Devil which is under the control of the American government. She is not afraid of her plans derailing, since whether her plans fail or succeed, she will almost always achieve something she wants.
Makima is an extreme người hâm mộ of Chainsaw Man, the "Hero of Hell". Fascinated by its ability vĩ đại wipe out the embodied concept of a Devil through consuming them, her stated goal is vĩ đại bring Chainsaw Man under her control in order vĩ đại use its abilities vĩ đại create an ideal world without fear, death, and “bad” movies. However, failure is also acceptable, as it would mean being eaten—an honor according vĩ đại her.
Makima's true goal, however, was vĩ đại be together forever with Pochita and lead a happy life with him. She always yearned for something lượt thích a family, being incapable of forming equal and meaningful relationships as the Control Devil.
The Chainsaw Devil is perhaps the only individual Makima has ever shown genuine interest or affection towards. Furthermore, Pochita is one of the only people who she does not believe vĩ đại be beneath her due vĩ đại his legendary status and power.
So deep was Makima's admiration for Pochita that she devised an elaborate plan vĩ đại break Pochita's contract with Denji by psychologically breaking Denji's spirit and force him vĩ đại give up on his dreams. She planned vĩ đại defeat Chainsaw Man vĩ đại have her submit vĩ đại him, but Makima admitted that she would be ok if her plan failed and she was consumed by Pochita, viewing it as an honor.
Initially, Makima appeared vĩ đại be extremely generous towards Denji, giving him a job as a Devil Hunter, letting him live with Power and Aki vĩ đại create a familial bond with them, and allowing him vĩ đại have some limited freedom. She would often grant Denji's wishes vĩ đại help him achieve his goals and desires.
However, that was all an elaborate plan vĩ đại give Denji happiness only vĩ đại later plunge him into despair in order vĩ đại break the contract Denji had made with Pochita and give Pochita control of his body toàn thân again. Makima had never once held any sort of affection or sentiment towards Denji, and had no interest of him as she never memorized Denji's scent.
Xem thêm: em cháu chú tùng trông xe là ai
Makima appeared vĩ đại respect Aki's judgement and abilities, assigning him vĩ đại take care of Denji and Power in his apartment because she trusted him more phàn nàn anyone else. However, in reality, she was only seeing him as another pawn.
Makima is one of the strongest individuals in the world of Chainsaw Man thanks vĩ đại her physical and supernatural abilities as a Devil, along with her cunning and manipulative personality. She is feared by humans, Fiends and Devils all around the world, which increases her powers as a Devil. According vĩ đại the President of the United States, other countries besides America have already given up trying vĩ đại fight her.
As a Devil, Makima possesses all of the standard Devil abilities. These include the ability vĩ đại make contracts with humans. Thanks vĩ đại her ability vĩ đại control humans, she is also able vĩ đại force them vĩ đại make a contract with herself. Makima made a contract with the Prime Minister of nhật bản in return for working for the Japanese government. As a result of this contract, any fatal attacks inflicted vĩ đại Makima are transferred into an appropriate illness or ailment affecting a random citizen of nhật bản. She was shown vĩ đại have been shot in the back of the head and seemingly killed, only vĩ đại stand up later with no visible wounds. She stated that she was merely grazed by the bullet, but this is unlikely given the placement of the gun when it was fired, as well as the location of the blood from the exit wound. Later, she was killed by the Gun Devil after it fired a bullet through her head, though it did not finish her off. It is confirmed that she had been killed twenty-six times up until the attack of the Gun Devil. Later on, she gets killed by Pochita several times during their final confrontation.
However, Denji found a way vĩ đại bypass the conditions of her contract with the Prime Minister of nhật bản by killing her in order vĩ đại over her misery, which he viewed as a sườn of love rather phàn nàn an attack. After being eaten by him, she returned vĩ đại Hell and subsequently reincarnated in Trung Quốc as Nayuta due vĩ đại the revival ability of Devils.
- Immense Strength: Makima possesses a great khuyến mãi of physical strength allowing her vĩ đại fight effectively in hand-to-hand combat without relying on any of her subordinates. Her strength was great enough vĩ đại overwhelm Pochita's weakened sườn and shatter his chainsaws with her strikes.
- Enhanced Smell: According vĩ đại Denji, Makima primarily differentiates others through smell. In their first encounter, she was able vĩ đại detect that Pochita still existed within Denji through his scent. However, she cannot differentiate between humans through sight, similar vĩ đại how we cannot differentiate between dogs by their faces.
- Domination: As Makima embodies the fear of control or conquest/domination, her abilities reflects this nature. Besides her manipulative way of thinking and acting, she is able vĩ đại control any being who she believes is inferior vĩ đại her, even being able vĩ đại force them into making contracts with her or another Devil. If Makima is not fully convinced that she is superior vĩ đại somebody, such as Reze, she can best them in a fight vĩ đại prove their inferiority vĩ đại herself. It seems as though once placed under her control, the victim subsequently loses their memory of anything that happened immediately before they were controlled and anything they did while being controlled. This ability works on any being, regardless of the number of humans, animals, Devils, Fiends and Hybrids she controls. She can channel the power of her victims by summoning them through a chain connected vĩ đại her body toàn thân. It has been shown that she can use the abilities of Angel Devil, Future Devil, Snake Devil, Punishment Devil, Spider Devil and Zombie Devil. Even deceased individuals can be controlled in this manner. Makima was able vĩ đại sườn a squad of weapon Hybrids, three of which (Reze, Quanxi and Katana Man) were former enemies who now behaved affectionately towards her. This suggests Makima can control individuals outright as well as changing their personalities in subtle ways. Makima's control can be broken as seen with Angel Devil.
- She borrows the hearing of rats, birds and other small animals she controls vĩ đại hear conversations remotely, seemingly anywhere on the planet and possibly extending into Hell itself. She was able vĩ đại spy on Denji's and Reze's conversation and was listening in on Kishibe's conversation with Quanxi. This ability can be circumvented by communicating nonverbally such as writing on a piece of paper.
- She has been shown vĩ đại control a large number of rats which allow her vĩ đại travel around using them. These rats can then cluster together vĩ đại sườn the shape of a human and thus allow for Makima vĩ đại be transported vĩ đại that location instantly. Makima is also able vĩ đại summoned through Princi's zipper, which can move her from Earth vĩ đại hell or wherever the Spider Devil happens vĩ đại be.
- She has demonstrated the ability vĩ đại make others hear her voice by placing her hand on their head even if the person is dead. She uses this vĩ đại command the Devils that the person is currently contracted with.
- Force Manipulation: Makima has been shown vĩ đại offensively manipulate an invisible force in a variety of way similar vĩ đại Darkness Devil. This force can be used vĩ đại damage her weak targets internally by simply staring at them. Depending on the situation, she can use this power in other various way such as:
- She has shown vĩ đại cause her target vĩ đại be crushed by an invisible force from over long distances. In order vĩ đại use this technique, Makima appears vĩ đại require a higher place such as a shrine, the name of a target and a human sacrifice. Makima forms a symbol with her hands and instructs the sacrifice whose eyes closed by a white cloth vĩ đại utter the name of the target. The sacrifice then dies and target subsequently is crushed, preceded by a brief sense of "wrongness". This attack completely destroys the target's body toàn thân but causes no damage vĩ đại adjacent people or objects, even the target's clothes. While she is using this ability, the sacrificial people around herself are blindfolded with a cloth. She used this ability once from Kyoto vĩ đại kill the goons of Sawatari's gang.
- She has been shown vĩ đại inflict damage by projecting an invisible force vĩ đại targets she points at with her index finger which is strong enough vĩ đại heavily damage Darkness Devil, who is a Primal Devil, kill Power instantly and send an empowered Chainsaw Man high into the atmosphere when she used it repetitively against him. She usually says "Bang! (バン！)" while using this ability.
- She has been shown vĩ đại remove the heads of her targets in the vicinity from a short-to-mid range by using a sword; similar vĩ đại her ability vĩ đại crush her targets remotely, the people around her close their eyes with a đen sạm cloth.
Makima using her ability vĩ đại crush an enemy.
Makima using her ability vĩ đại cause damage through her index finger.
Makima using her halo vĩ đại summon variety of Devils.
Makima controlling many rats vĩ đại teleport.
Makima using the temple vĩ đại use her skills
- High Alcohol Tolerance: Makima has an exceedingly high tolerance for drinking alcohol; able vĩ đại out-drink both Aki Hayakawa and Himeno without showing any signs of being debilitated by the vast quantities of liquor/ethanol. However, due vĩ đại her contract with the Japanese Prime Minister, it is likely that any damage her excessive drinking would have caused was redirected vĩ đại a random Japanese citizen.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: Makima is very a proficient combatant, despite not usually being seen fighting. She was capable of defeating a weakened Pochita by herself and only using her fighting skills, she even managed vĩ đại rip Pochita's heart from his body toàn thân by restraining him after she defeated him.
- High Intelligence: Makima has shown vĩ đại be a highly intelligent individual. Even without using her Devil powers, she is very cunning and manipulative. A fine example is the way she controls Denji throughout most of Part 1's story. Makima knows what exactly vĩ đại say, move and how vĩ đại react in order vĩ đại make Denji her pet. Being aware of Denji's desires, she often interferes by making him feel that he is a person, and behind the scenes, she is pulling the strings in order vĩ đại achieve her goal. Just lượt thích she helps him feel love and happiness, she also attacks and makes her move vĩ đại destroy his personal relationships in order vĩ đại make him feel desperate and guilty over the losses he suffers.
Public Safety Saga
|v • e|
|1. Dog & Chainsaw||Debut|
|2. The Place Where Pochita Is||Appears|
|3. Arrival in Tokyo||Appears|
|v • e|
|5. A Way vĩ đại cảm biến Some Boobs||Appears|
|7. Meowy's Whereabouts||Absent|
|8. Chainsaw vs. Bat||Absent|
|13. Gun Devil||Appears|
|v • e|
|14. French Kiss||Flashback|
|15. Endless 8th Floor||Absent|
|16. The First Taste||Absent|
|17. Kill Denji||Absent|
|18. Chainsaw vs. Eternity||Absent|
|19. Nobel Prize||Absent|
|21. Taste of a Kiss||Appears|
|22. Cola-Flavor Chupa Chups||Appears|
|v • e|
|25. Ghost, Snake, Chainsaw||Absent|
|26. The Gun is Mightier||Appears|
|27. From Kyoto||Appears|
|28. Secrets & Lies||Appears|
|29. Perfect Score||Appears|
|30. Bruised & Battered||Absent|
|31. The Future Rules||Absent|
|32. Over and Over Again||Appears|
|33. Mission Start||Appears|
|34. Full Team||Absent|
|36. Katana vs. Chainsaw||Absent|
|37. Train, Head, Chainsaw||Absent|
|38. Easy Revenge!||Appears|
|v • e|
|40. Love, Flower, Chainsaw||Flashback|
|41. Before the Storm||Flashback|
|42. Teach Me How vĩ đại Swim||Flashback|
|43. Jane Fell Asleep in the Church||Mentioned|
|44. Boom Boom Boom||Absent|
|45. A Fine Day for Explosions||Mentioned|
|46. The Melody of a Massacre||Absent|
|47. Luck With Women||Absent|
|48. Kaboom Kaboom Kaboom||Absent|
|49. Shark Hurricane||Absent|
|51. Dark Diving||Absent|
|52. Lost Love, Flower, Chainsaw||Appears|
|v • e|
|53. In a Dream||Appears|
|54. To Go vĩ đại Enoshima||Appears|
|55. Let's Go||Flashback|
|56. A Curse and A Fist||Mentioned|
|58. Yutaro Kurose||Absent|
|60. Quanxi and Fiends' 49-Person Massacre||Absent|
|61. News Reporter||Mentioned|
|62. Super Mess||Absent|
|63. Trip To Hell||Absent|
|64. Welcome To Hell||Absent|
|65. The Darkness Devil||Absent|
|67. The First Devil Hunter||Appears|
|68. Dark Power||Absent|
|69. Shining Power||Absent|
|v • e|
|72. All Together||Absent|
|73. Everyday Life No More||Appears|
|74. What the Waves Say||Appears|
|76. Don't Open It||Appears|
|77. Ring Ring Ring||Appears|
|78. Snowball Fight||Absent|
|79. Play Catch||Absent|
|v • e|
|80. A Dog's Feelings||Appears|
|82. Always Eat A Hearty Breakfast||Appears|
|83. Death, Resurrection, Chainsaw||Appears|
|84. Hero Of Hell||Appears|
|85. Bloody Good Gut Feeling||Appears|
|86. Date Chainsaw||Appears|
|87. Chainsaw Man vs. the Horrifying Weapon Humans||Appears|
|88. Star Chainsaw||Appears|
|89. Go Get 'Em, Chainsaw Man||Appears|
|90. Super Power||Appears|
|91. Power, Power, Power||Appears|
|92. Zombie, Blood, Chainsaw||Mentioned|
|93. You & Crappy Movies||Appears|
|94. Chainsaw Man vs. the Weapon Humans||Appears|
|95. Chainsaw Man vs. Control Devil||Appears|
|96. This Kind of Taste||Death|
|97. I, Love, Chainsaw||Mentioned|
|v • e|
|98. Bird & War||Absent|
|99. Two Birds||Absent|
|100. How vĩ đại Walk Shoeless||Absent|
|101. Afterschool Devil Hunters||Absent|
|102. Save the Cat||Absent|
|103. Denji Dream||Absent|
|105. Red Hot||Absent|
|107. School Attacker||Absent|
|108. Something Important vĩ đại Asa||Absent|
|109. The Easy Way vĩ đại Stop Bullying||Absent|
|110. A Ring in the Night||Absent|
|111. Aha Ha Ha Ha||Absent|
|v • e|
|133. Chainsaw Man Protest||Absent|
|134. Ordinary Happiness||Absent|
|135. Sentimental Drive||Absent|
|136. Normal Life||Absent|
|137. Chu Chu Lovely Muni Muni Mura Mura||Absent|
|138. Sword Man||Absent|
|139. A Chair's Feelings||Mentioned|
|141. Normal Life Plus||Absent|
|v • e|
|1. Dog & Chainsaw||Debut|
|2. Arrival in Tokyo||Appears|
|3. Meowy's Whereabouts||Appears|
|5. Gun Devil||Appears|
|6. Kill Denji||Absent|
|7. The Taste of a Kiss||Appears|
|9. From Kyoto||Appears|
|10. Bruised & Battered||Appears|
|11. Mission Start||Appears|
|12. Katana vs. Chainsaw||Appears|
- Makima's name is written in katakana (マキマ), though it seems vĩ đại have no special meaning vĩ đại it. However, the "maki" (マキ) in her name seems vĩ đại be from "Makita", which is the name of a Japanese manufacturer of power tools that also creates chainsaws (noting her idolization of Chainsaw Man).
- Makima's rankings in the Popularity Polls are as follows:
- Makima ranked 2nd in the First Popularity Poll with 27,224 votes.
- Makima ranked 2nd in the Second Popularity Poll with 76,733 votes.
- Makima smokes "hi-fight"s, likely a reference vĩ đại the Japanese tobacco brand "hi-lite."
- Makima was the first character Fujimoto had a solid image of as she is a character in "Breath of The Stars", one of the serialized works in Fujimoto's head, out of many fantasy stories he imagined in Junior High.
- Makima was partially based on "Benten", a character in "The Eccentric Family" that Fujimoto liked, for she is an unfathomable higher being, with her own sadness that we lowly humans can't comprehend—something Fujimoto wanted vĩ đại convey in Makima.
- Fujimoto has mentioned FLCL as a source of inspiration for the girls of Chainsaw Man, and Makima is likely based on Haruko from FLCL who is a manipulative, unpredictable being.
- According vĩ đại Fujimoto, if you remove the "ki" from Makima's name, you're left with "Mama", which ties in with Denji, who has always been pursuing maternal things since the death of his mother at a young age.
- The most common spelling of Makima in Japanese is 牧間, which can be read, as a play on 人間/"human", as "shepherd". Which can go with how she essentially can make people into her "sheeple."
- The two kana that sườn her name are homophones for "ma (魔)" and "ki (鬼)", both different words for "demon".
- Makima's Japanese Devil Name, Shihai (支配), uses the same kanji as the Japanese translation for the first of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse in Christian mythology. Given Makima's status as a thành viên of the group, her name could also be interpreted as the Conquest Devil.
- In Japanese the word Shihai is an umbrella term for several similar concepts relating vĩ đại control, conquest, rulership and domination .etc. So while in Japanese it was already clear what type of Devil she was as well as being a horseman upon the first time her Devil type was revealed, the umbrella term would be lost in translation and thus different languages would come up with different variations such as Control Devil and Domination Devil being the most notable examples.
- Makima's final battle at the over with Chainsaw Man was inspired by the Shinobu vs. Koyomi fight in the Kizumonogatari III movie according vĩ đại a tweet by Fujimoto.
- In Makima's apartment (shown in Chapter 81), there is a painting showing "The Fall of Lucifer", similar vĩ đại Gustave Doré's illustration for John Milton's poem Paradise Lost.
"The Fall of Lucifer" shown as a painting in Makima's apartment in Chapter 81.
- In both the anime and the manga, Makima is often seen with pests and parasites.
- In the opening theme "Kick Back", Makima is allegorically represented by two animals: the jade wasp (Ampulex compressa) and Leucochloridium paradoxum, both parasites that control the actions of their host.
- Her association with pests could be reflective of how the Conquest Horseman is often interpreted as the Horseman of Pestilence. The reason for the Conquest Horseman being changed vĩ đại Pestilence in some interpretations is because scholars found Conquest vĩ đại be too similar vĩ đại War. Pestilence was an easy change because at the time, bows and arrows were laced with poisons and toxins and the Conquest Horseman held a bow and arrow. Even though Makima's hands are in a more gun-like position, her "Bang!" ability can also be comparable vĩ đại shots from an arrow.
- Makima's gut halo is often seen as being symbolic of the crown that the Conquest Horseman would wear.
- ↑ Confirmed for the anime via the 2023 Chainsaw Man Shibuya Exhibition
- ↑ Near-final prototype design for the manga
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Chainsaw Man Manga: Chapter 66, Page 16
- ↑ Chainsaw Man Manga: Chapter 66, Pages 5 - 6
- ↑ Chainsaw Man Manga: Chapter 67, Page 2
- ↑ Chainsaw Man Manga: Chapter 52, Page 8
- ↑ Chainsaw Man Manga: Chapter 52, Pages 6 - 8
- ↑ Chainsaw Man Manga: Chapter 66, Page 11
- ↑ Chainsaw Man Manga: Chapter 66, Page 8
- ↑ Chainsaw Man Manga: Chapter 81
- ↑ Chainsaw Man Manga: Chapter 21, Pages 2 - 4
|v • e|
|Primal Fears||Falling Devil • Darkness Devil|
|Devils||Angel Devil • Bat Devil • Bomb Devil • Chainsaw Devil • Chicken Devil • Cockroach Devil • Claw Devil • Control Devil • Cosmos Devil • Crossbow Devil • Curse Devil • Doll Devil • Eternity Devil • Famine Devil • Flamethrower Devil • Fish Devil • Fox Devil • Future Devil • Ghost Devil • Violence Devil • Grape Devil • Gun Devil • Hell Devil • Justice Devil • Katana Devil • Knife Devil • Leech Devil • Longsword Devil • Mantis Devil • Marshmallow Devil • Mold Devil • Muscle Devil • Needle Devil • Octopus Devil • Pig Devil • Punishment Devil • Sea Cucumber Devil • Shark Devil • Skin Devil • Snake Devil • Spear Devil • Spider Devil • Stone Devil • Tomato Devil • Typhoon Devil • War Devil • Whip Devil • Zombie Devil|
|Fiends||Aki Hayakawa • Yoru • Asa Mitaka • Beam • Cosmo • Galgali • Long • Pingtsi • Power • Tsugihagi|
|Hybrids||Denji • Barem • Katana Man • Miri Sugo • Quanxi • Reze • Spear Hybrid • Whip Hybrid|
|Unknown||Seraphim • Dominion • Virtue|
|v • e|
|Public Safety Devil Hunters||Aki Hayakawa † • Angel † • Beam † • Denji ‡ • Furuno • Fushi † • Galgali † • Himeno † • Kato † • Kishibe • Kobeni Higashiyama ‡ • Kusakabe † • Madoka ‡ • Makima † • Masaki Ando † • Michiko Tendo † • Minami Nakano ‡ • Nakamura † • Nomo † • Power † • Princi † • Sato † • Subaru † • Tamaoki † • Tanabe † • Yutaro Kurose † • Hirokazu Arai † • Fumiko Mifune|
|Civilian Devil Hunters||Akane Sawatari † • Aldo • Denji ‡ • Hirofumi Yoshida • Joey † • Kenzo • Quanxi • Santa Claus ‡ • Tolka † • Asa Mitaka • Yoru|
|Devil Hunter Club||Asa Mitaka • Fami • Furio • Haruka Iseumi • Hirofumi Yoshida • Nobana Higashiyama • Seigi Akoku • Yoru • Yuko ‡|