Message for U.S. Citizens
Flash Floods, Landslides and Storm Season Preparedness
August 10, 2023
Location: Northern Mountainous provinces and Central Highlands
Bạn đang xem: hải quân là ai
Event: Flash Floods and Landslides
Recently, heavy downpours have caused flash floods and landslides in northern provinces leading vĩ đại tragic consequences with fatalities reported in Lai Chau, Yen Bai, Son La provinces from August 02 vĩ đại August 06. Landslides have also hit central parts of the country earlier in July this year. As flash floods and landslides are common natural disasters during the typhoon season in Vietnam which runs annually from approximately June 1 through the kết thúc of November, the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi alert U.S. citizens vĩ đại take precautions if you have plans vĩ đại travel vĩ đại high-risk areas by keeping yourself alert when there are active landslide warnings, monitoring local news for updates and avoiding areas susceptible vĩ đại landslides when it is necessary vĩ đại bởi ví.
For more information about typhoon seasons in Vietnam, please visit our trang web at https://giaithuongtinhnguyen.com/typhoon-and-tropical-cyclone-seasons-in-vietnam/.
Actions vĩ đại Take in Storm Season:
Xem thêm: dương nguyệt cầm là ai
You should have an emergency plan in place before the approach of a storm. Even areas far from the coastline can experience dangerous winds, tornadoes, mudslides, and floods. Please take precautionary measures vĩ đại ensure minimal disruption or damage and have evacuation plans that bởi not rely on U.S. government assistance. You should also liên hệ friends and family in the United States with updates on your whereabouts.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program state.gov
- Locate shelter and follow all official instructions, including evacuation if ordered.
- Carry your travel documents at all times (i.e., U.S. passport, birth certificate, picture ID’s, etc.) or secure them in a safe, waterproof location.
- Secure loose outdoor items (limbs, roofing material, windows (coverings), doors, debris (trash), etc.).
- Fill vehicle, generator, and water tanks.
- Check and charge radios.
- Charge cell phones and carry your charger.
- Have bottled water; make ice.
- Gather flashlights, tools, and first aid supplies.
- Have fresh batteries, candles, matches, water, groceries (canned and/or dry foods), and pet supplies.
- Assure an adequate supply of first aid materials and prescription medications.
- Stay home page and let your family and office know how you plan vĩ đại weather the storm, especially those family members in the United States.
- Monitor our trang web or travel.state.gov or follow us on Facebook and Twitter at @travelgov. We will issue updated messages and information specific vĩ đại the circumstances.
- Prepare your family and home page for flooding and power outages.
General Disaster Preparedness Websites:
- U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs Emergencies Abroad website– general information and resources for U.S. citizens experiencing an emergency outside of the United States.
- U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs Natural Disasters website– general information and resources pertaining vĩ đại natural disasters.
- U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Ready website – general information and resources for emergency preparedness
- American Red Cross – Member of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
- U.S. Embassy Hanoi 024-3850-5000 | U.S. Consulate General Ho Chi Minh City 028-3520-4200
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) vĩ đại receive security, travel, and weather or disaster-related updates.